NDLEA Raid Turns Deadly


🗞️Innocence Shattered: NDLEA Raid Claims Lives of Innocent Brothers in Asaba Shop

On Thursday, a tragic incident unfolded in Asaba as two brothers were injured, one critically, when officers from the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) allegedly opened fire while conducting a raid. The victims, identified as two-year-old Ivan and his younger brother, a one-year-old few months old, were struck by stray bullets while they were inside a shop with their mother. While Ivan tragically succumbed to his injuries and passed away at the hospital, his younger brother remains hospitalized, fighting for his life

The distressed mother immediately rushed her injured children to the Federal Medical Center in Asaba, desperately seeking medical assistance. Despite the efforts of the medical staff, Ivan tragically succumbed to his injuries and passed away at the hospital. Meanwhile, his younger brother continues to fight for his life, receiving necessary care in the hospital.

In a distressing turn of events, the boys’ father confronted the NDLEA officers present at the scene, seeking answers and justice for the loss of his children. However, the officers quickly escaped the situation by retreating to their vehicles and hastily leaving the scene. Undeterred by their escape, the grieving father pursued the officers, capturing the entire incident on camera.

Responding to the allegations, Mr. John Tunde, the Delta State Commandant of the NDLEA, denied the claims that his officers were responsible for the children’s deaths. According to Tunde, the incident occurred during a raid on a notorious drug joint, where a Toyota Camry parked nearby attempted to escape. In an effort to halt the fleeing vehicle, shots were fired by the NDLEA operatives. Tunde emphasized that it remains unclear whether the children were inside the car at the time of the shooting.

Meanwhile, an injured NDLEA officer involved in the incident is currently receiving medical treatment at the Central Hospital in Ogwashi-Uku. Eyewitnesses who were present during the tragedy reported that the victims, who were in their mother’s shop after school hours, were struck by stray bullets. One child was grazed on the eye, while the other suffered an abdominal injury.
The incident is now under investigation, with authorities working to determine the sequence of events and establish the facts surrounding this heartbreaking incident.

Posted in:


Leave a Reply